Highlights of the APRIL 2012 Issue
Navy Lodging Program Appreciation Day
On March 28, 2012, Navy Lodging professionals around the world celebrated Navy Lodging Program Appreciation Day to honor the recipients of the Admiral Elmo R. Zumwalt Awards and Navy Lodging's Employee Recognition Program.
Historically, these awards are presented during the annual Lodging Learning and Training Symposium; however, due to recent Navy guidance governing conferences and symposiums, the Navy Lodging Program established a Navy Lodging Program Appreciation Day to highlight program and individual accomplishments at the local installation level. ...
Southwest Mobile Repair Teams Save Money and Time
In Navy Region Southwest (NRSW), having enough to do has not been a problem for Navy Gateway Inns and Suites (NGIS) mobile repair teams. Equipped to repair clothes washers, dryers and security cameras, the three teams stay on the road, and on the job.
Starting in 2010 with one team, the San Diego NGIS implemented an in-house preventative maintenance and repair program for washer and dryer repairs, and security camera surveillance systems. This innovative approach started with one two-person team, a custom lift-gate truck and spare parts. The first team affected significant cost savings and reduced service response time for the five area NGIS facilities. ...
Read the complete NAVY GATEWAY INNS AND SUITES ...
Army Lodging Air Force Lodging Navy Lodge
Navy Gateway Inns and Suites Marine Corps Lodging
Coast Guard Lodging
Read the complete MILITARY LODGING ...
Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC)
Lodging Program Interior Designer Jana Joplin
with American Hotel Register Co.
, have partnered to develop
four new Navy Gateway Inns and Suites (NGIS
The design packages play a key role in the standardization
of all renovation and construction projects for NGIS lodging
operations worldwide. They were developed in conjunction
with the NGIS Lodging Working Group (LWG), represented
by 12 regional lodging directors. American Hotel Register Co.
provides furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) packages
for NGIS lodging facilities worldwide. ...
Read more NGIS DESIGN PACKAGES ...
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE:
- TRADE SHOW PREVIEW:
NRA Show 2012 — Helping to Improve Business
- UNIFORMS: Hospitality Uniforms —
Establishing a Standardized Look and Fit
- SHOW PREVIEW:
- Hospitality Design Expo — The Center of Design and Innovation
- GSA Training Conference and Expo 2012 —
Right Solutions, Right Now
- MWR Tents Open in Southwest Asia
- Marines Utilize Tents as Operations Center, Living Quarters
- TOP PRIORITY
- 21st Century Sailor and Marine Initiative Unveiled
- IMCOM Commander Lt. Gen. Michael Ferriter, USA, at Hale Koa
- IMCEA at Catersource Conference and Trade Show
- Leonides (Nini) Thomas, Named Navy Lodge Associate of the 4th Quarter of 2011
- Air Force Lodging Superintendent, Senior Master Sgt. Steven Longoria, USAF, Becomes Dual-Hatted
- Inns of the Corps Adds Online Guest Survey
- HOSPITALITY PRODUCTS